Basics of Slit Lamp Imaging
The slit lamp is the one piece of equipment that touches each of our patients during the ophthalmic examination. Advances in digital technology now make it possible to quickly and easily record still and video images for use in patient education and treatment compliance.
- Imaging options for Haag-Streit BI 900, BP 900 & BQ 900 slit lamps
- The use of background illumination in imaging
- The use of diffuse, direct, direct with background and tangential illumination
- Using the yellow contrast filter to capture fluorescein staining
- EyeSuite software and hardware controls for capturing both still and video images
Director of Diagnostic Sales and Marketing,
Mark Maio is Director of Diagnostic Sales and Marketing at Haag-Streit, USA. In over 40 years working in the field of ophthalmic imaging he has specialized in slit lamp imaging. He has held positions at the Medical College of Wisconsin, as Director of Ophthalmic Photography at Emory University and Clinical Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology at the University of Buffalo where he instituted the only Bachelor of Science degree program in ophthalmic photography.