- Sight Sciences launched the latest version of its OMNI surgical system for MIGS procedures. The OMNI can perform both ab interno trabeculotomy and transluminal viscoelastic delivery. New features include: An updated Luer lock fitting and pull pin to increase efficiency in the priming and preparation of the device; an ergonomic handle and flexi-grip surface, which provides added stability in the surgeon's hand; and enhanced gearing and wheel design, improving deployment and retraction of the microcatheter, the company says.
- Accelmed Partners acquired TearLab Corporation. Under the agreement, TearLab will be a private company with Accelmed Partners as the controlling shareholder.Terms of the agreement include Accelmed Partners investing $25 million in TearLab.
- Quidel Corporation received Emergency Use Authorization from the FDA to market a rapid point-of-care test for detection of SARS-CoV-2 in nasal specimens for patients suspected of COVID-19 infection. The Sofia 2 SARS Antigen FIA test is designed to be used with Quidel’s Sofia 2 Fluorescent Immunoassay Analyzer.
- Oyster Point Pharma met its primary endpoint for its OC-01 nasal spray for dry eye treatment. Over the course of the trial, called ONSET-2, a greater percentage of subjects had improved Schrimer’s score results compared to control. Key secondary endpoints were also met, including an improvement in eye dryness score (EDS) in the normal clinic environment.
- ProQR, developer of RNA therapy sepofarsen, presented data for a 12-month Phase 1b/2 study at The Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology’s online conference. The study examined patients with LCA10, a genetic form of blindness, treated with sepofarsen. Four of the six patients showed a 15-letter improvement in standard eye chart. Currently, there are no approved therapies for LCA10. A Phase 2/3 trial is currently ongoing.
Quick Notes is published weekly. Unless otherwise noted, the information presented is based on press releases. Find earlier editions here. To submit a press release to be considered for publication, click here.