- Ocular Therapeutix announced topline results from a results from a Phase 3 clinical trial to evaluate the safety and efficacy of DEXTENZA for the treatment of ocular itching associated with allergic conjunctivitis (AC). DEXTENZA met all of its pre-specified primary endpoints in the trial. Ocular Therapeutix intends to submit a supplement to DEXTENZA’s existing new drug application to include the treatment of ocular itching associated with AC.
- The AAO expanded a partnership with Verana Health. The data curation and analytics service provider will now be responsible for EHR integration, practice support and Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) quality reporting for physicians contributing to the AAO’s IRIS Registry.
- SightGlass Vision, a clinical-stage life sciences company focused on ending myopia, announced topline data from its CYPRESS trial. CYPRESS was designed to evaluate novel eyeglasses created to slow the progression of myopia in children. Results from the trial showed a reduction in myopia progression in both test arms over control lenses.
- Bio-Tissue announced the first National Mechanical Dry Eye Day, which will occur on May 19 and be held annually on that date thereafter. To spread the word on National Mechanical Dry Eye Day, Bio-Tissue will feature videos of eye-care practitioners sharing their experiences in diagnosing and treating such patients on the company’s social media pages and will have information about mechanical dry eye on www.DiscoverMDE.com.
- Johnson & Johnson Vision appointed Rajesh K. Rajpal, MD, as chief medical officer and global head of clinical and medical affairs. Dr. Rajpal joins Johnson & Johnson Vision from Avedro, where he served as chief medical officer.
- David Rostov joined CorneaGen as its chief financial officer. Rostov recently served as CFO at Donuts Inc., a provider of services for digital identity management. He also held the CFO role at Avalara, which offers a cloud-based software solution for transactional taxes, and at Infospace, a publicly traded internet services company.
- Biopharmaceutical company Outlook Therapeutics appointed Gerd Auffarth, MD, and Julian Gangolli to its board of directors. Dr. Auffarth currently serves as medical director of Heidelberg University Eye Clini. Mr. Gangolli most recently served as president, North America, of Greenwich Biosciences, a pharmaceutical company. He also previously served for 11 years as president of the North American pharmaceutical division of Allergan.
- The Haag-Streit Group (Möller Wedel Beteiligungen GmbH) acquired approximately 77% of the shares of the VRmagic Holding AG, based in Germany. VRmagic, established in 2001, creates virtual and augmented reality technology for use in medical training, including the Eyesi product group.
Quick Notes is published weekly. Unless otherwise noted, the information presented is based on press releases. Find earlier editions here. To submit a press release to be considered for publication, click here.