Content Syndication Downloads
Content Syndication Downloads are provided as a complimentary service by PentaVision LLC and its magazines. In submitting the registration form you agree to providing express consent to PentaVision LLC to share this contact information with the organization providing white papers that you download from this site.
Response to supplementation with MacuHealth™ (a formulation consisting of meso-zeaxanthin [10 mg], lutein [10 mg] and zeaxanthin [2 mg]) was conducted by Moorfields Eye Hospital, London. The cohort of 49 subjects included those with non-advanced (n = 12) and advanced (n = 8) age-related macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy with (n = 10) and without (n = 10) macular edema, central serous chorioretinopathy (n = 5) and no retinal disease (n = 4). By 6 months, statistically significant improvements in glare sensitivity (at low and medium spatial frequencies) were demonstrable, and reflected parallel statistically significant increases in macular pigment, prompting the investigators to conclude that supplementation with MacuHealth™ enhances visual performance and experience in healthy eyes and in eyes with a range of retinal diseases. These favorable observations by Moorfields Eye Hospital regarding the visual benefits of MacuHealth™ in diseased and in non-diseased eyes serve to replicate the findings of other investigators across the world.[2-4]
FloraGLO® Lutein sets the gold standard for the lutein market. Rooted in science, with an unparalleled reputation for efficacy, trust and safety, the FloraGLO® name is synonymous with excellence. “The Pioneers of Lutein Science and Discovery” offers the following:
- How researchers discovered the photoprotective properties of lutein and zeaxanthin;
- Why most adults aren’t getting enough in their diets; and
- How Kemin created a lutein supplement proven to increase macular pigment optical density (MPOD) in clinical trials.
Medical foods are an emerging category of product, formulated to address nutritional deficiencies relating to specific diseases or conditions. This whitepaper provides an insight into:
· The importance of targeted nutrition for eye health
· The medical food category: Guidelines, market size, regulations
· Macular pigment: Risk factor, biomarker, vision performance
· Lumega-Z: the first and only medical food developed to restore and maintain the macular pigment
Download the whitepaper to learn about this differentiated offering, and discover how to maximize the efficacy of your intervention, ensure patient compliance and satisfaction.
Introducing the Anterior Segment Surgeon’s Dream Laser: Tango Reflex
The Ellex Tango Reflex™ is a new, advanced laser that provides you with four (CPT-code) treatment modalities - SLT, Laser Floater Removal (laser vitreolysis), Capsulotomy and Iridotomy – in a single footprint, offering solutions for POAG, ACG and secondary cataract patients.
The attached article by glaucoma specialist Nathan Radcliffe, MD, dispels four common misconceptions about SLT in the treatment of POAG patients:
- SLT is a last resort
- SLT reimbursement is complicated
- SLT must be performed unilaterally
- SLT must be repeated every two years