Content Syndication Downloads

Content Syndication Downloads are provided as a complimentary service by PentaVision LLC and its magazines. In submitting the registration form you agree to providing express consent to PentaVision LLC to share this contact information with the organization providing white papers that you download from this site.

  • One Advanced Laser. Four Treatment Modalities.

    One Advanced Laser. Four Treatment Modalities.

    Introducing the Anterior Segment Surgeon’s Dream Laser: Tango Reflex
    The Ellex Tango Reflex™ is a new, advanced laser that provides you with four (CPT-code) treatment modalities - SLT, Laser Floater Removal (laser vitreolysis), Capsulotomy and Iridotomy – in a single footprint, offering solutions for POAG, ACG and secondary cataract patients.

  • SLT for Glaucoma

    SLT for Glaucoma

    The attached article by glaucoma specialist Nathan Radcliffe, MD, dispels four common misconceptions about SLT in the treatment of POAG patients:

    • SLT is a last resort
    • SLT reimbursement is complicated
    • SLT must be performed unilaterally
    • SLT must be repeated every two years
    The Ellex Tango Reflex™ multi-modality SLT/YAG laser combines four treatment modalities into a single advanced laser and enables you to expand your quality and scope of patient care.

  • Macular Carotenoid supplementation in patients with atypical spatial profiles of macular pigment

    Macular Carotenoid supplementation in patients with atypical spatial profiles of macular pigment

    Macular pigment (MP), which is entirely of dietary origin, is made up of three carotenoids, known as lutein (L, dominant at the macula’s edge), zeaxanthin (Z, dominant in the mid-periphery of the macula) and meso-zeaxanthin (MZ, dominant at the macula’s centre). MP peaks at the centre (typical mountain) in most people (88%), but in the remainder (12%) there is a central dip (volcanic mountain), and such a central dip represents increased risk for age-related macular degeneration.

  • SURGEON EXPERIENCE WITH NEW MICROSCOPE TECHNOLOGY FROM LEICA

    SURGEON EXPERIENCE WITH NEW MICROSCOPE TECHNOLOGY FROM LEICA

    Learn about new technological advances in surgical microscopy that have been recently incorporated in a new ophthalmic platform from Leica Microsystems, with insights from Iqbal “Ike” Ahmed, MD, James Katz, MD, and Seenu Hariprasad, MD.

  • FINDING REFRACTIVE PATIENTS ONLINE

    FINDING REFRACTIVE PATIENTS ONLINE

    The field of medicine is always evolving to find safer, faster and more effective treatment methods. You make it a priority to keep up with these changes in order to provide the best care for your patients.

  • FEMTOSECOND LASERS IN CLINICAL PRACTICE: ENSURING YOUR INVESTMENT PAYS OFF

    FEMTOSECOND LASERS IN CLINICAL PRACTICE: ENSURING YOUR INVESTMENT PAYS OFF

    Seeing the Future:  Make Your Femtosecond Laser Work for You

  • FORTEC MEDICAL CAN HELP MAKE LACS PROFITABLE

    FORTEC MEDICAL CAN HELP MAKE LACS PROFITABLE

    Implementing a mobile cataract laser program: learn how 2 surgeons working with ForTec Medical successfully integrated a mobile laser program with CATALYS® into their practice.

  • CASSINI TCA OUTPERFORMS NOMOGRAM AND CALCULATION BASED ESTIMATES OF POSTERIOR CORNEAL ASTIGMATISM

    CASSINI TCA OUTPERFORMS NOMOGRAM AND CALCULATION BASED ESTIMATES OF POSTERIOR CORNEAL ASTIGMATISM

    Experience shows that measuring for yourself is almost always better than estimating.  Total Corneal Astigmatism is no exception, as Elizabeth Yeu, MD, recently demonstrated at ASCRS.  Her retrospective analysis of toric IOL outcomes based on direct measurement with Cassini TCA showed superior outcomes versus the latest nomogram and calculation based estimates of posterior astigmatism.